Tuesday, October 14, 2014

HALLOWEEN ON NETFLIX

Every year I do a lot of research leading up the holidays, updating and adding to my lists of holiday-themed TV episodes.  I keep a list of episodes I own on DVD, a list of what’s on YouTube (for free) and what’s currently on Netflix streaming.  This year my sister asked me to send her my list of Halloween episodes on Netflix Instant (and then once I did she made a few additional suggestions of her own).

I figured I’d share the Netflix episode list with you all as well.  This isn’t a comprehensive list of every single Halloween episode you can stream, but rather my personal picks of the best and most Halloweeny episodes that Netflix Instant has to offer this year.  The list is arranged in alphabetical order by show title, then season number and episode number for handy dandy reference.

It’s a long list so get to watching! 
CHARMED
“All Halliwell’s Eve” = Season 3, Episode 4
The sister-witches time travel back to colonial Virginia on Halloween.  Plus Julian McMahon in a terrible, no good, very bad Pilgrim wig!

CHEERS
“House of Horrors With Formal Dining and Used Brick” = Season 5, Episode 5
When Carla buys a haunted house she and Cliff spend a spooky night together.

“Bar Wars V: The Final Judgment” = Season 10, Episode 7
A prank war goes awry when the Cheers gang scares their competition-- to death!

EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND
“Halloween Candy” = Season 3, Episode 6
Frank accidentally hands out brightly-colored condoms instead of candy to trick-or-treaters in this semi-classic episode.

FREAKS & GEEKS
“Tricks & Treats” = Season 1, Episode 3
One of the best Halloween episodes of all time!  Equal parts laughs and heartstring-tugging 80s nostalgia.

GOOSEBUMPS
“Attack of the Jack O’Lanterns” = Season 2, Episode 15
Pumpkin-headed ghouls force a group of kids to trick-or-treat-- to death!  

“The Haunted Mask, Pts. 1 & 2” = Season 5, Episodes 1 & 2
More classic R.L. Stine Halloween goodness.

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
“The Slutty Pumpkin” = Season 1, Episode 6
One of my sister’s recommendations (so don’t blame me if it’s bad!).  All I know is that it involves Katie Holmes in a pumpkin costume.


JEM & THE HOLOGRAMS
“Trick or Techrat” = Season 2, Episode 16
You get not one but THREE Halloween-themed music videos in this bizarrely wonderful 80s gem.

MY NAME IS EARL
“Little Bad Voodoo Brother” = Season 4, Episode 8
A possessed little boy threatens Earl's attempts to throw a Halloween party for his kids.  Does anyone remember this show?!

NEW GIRL
“Halloween” = Season 2, Episode 6
Another “sister recommends” episode.  I have no idea what it's about, but I'm guessing Zooey Deschanel is adorable at some point.


PARENTHOOD
“Orange Alert” = Season 2, Episode 6
And yet another sister suggestion.  I hope Lauren Graham's character dresses as Lorelai Gilmore for Halloween!

PARKS & RECREATION
“Greg Pikitis” = Season 2, Episode 7
An excellent Halloween episode with pranks, a memorable Halloween party, and the omnipresent rag doll costume.

“Halloween Surprise” = Season 5, Episode5
Click the episode title to read my review!  A decent episode that nevertheless once forced me to type the phrase "fart attack."

THE OFFICE
“Halloween” = Season 2, Episode 5
This one makes my Top 25 Halloween Episodes of All Time list!  A must see!

“Costume Contest” = Season 7, Episode 6
Click the episode link to read my review.  There are additional Halloween (or at least Halloween-flavored) episodes of The Office on Netflix streaming but the above two are the ones worth watching.

RAISING HOPE
“Happy Halloween” = Season 1, Episode 5
A so-so show with a couple of good holiday episodes, this one included.


SABRINA: THE ANIMATED SERIES
“Nothin’ Says Lovin’ Like Somethin’ From A Coven” = Season 1, Episode 8
You did know there was an animated spin-off of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, right?!  The bitchy girl character's name is Gem Stone.  Perfection.

SAVED BY THE BELL
“Mystery Weekend” = Season 5, Episode 13
Not technically a Halloween episode, but the closest that Saved By the Bell has to offer.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPECIAL SPOTLIGHT: NICKELODEON'S ULTIMATE HALLOWEEN HAUNTED HOUSE

I was recently traveling for work, which meant I was cut off from our TIVO and forced to watch TV in real time in my hotel room, sufferin...