Sunday, November 2, 2014

THANKSGIVING ON NETFLIX


I thought I’d kick off November with a breakdown of Thanksgiving-themed movies and TV episodes currently available on Netflix streaming.  This isn’t a comprehensive list, but rather shows I personally like or am interested in watching.  So while you’re mashing up those potatoes and basting that turkey, here’s what can be playing on the TV screen in the background.

First, the films:


Planes, Trains and Automobiles
I must confess: I’ve never seen this semi-classic all the way through!  Only tidbits caught here and there on cable.  This year I’m greatly looking forward to finally watching one of the few Thanksgiving movies out there in full.



FreeBirds
Okay, this recent animated movie received terrible reviews, but it is Thanksgiving themed.  Hopefully it will fall into the “so bad it’s good” category.



A Holiday Engagement
Don't be fooled by the Christmas-looking poster; this is actually a Thanksgiving movie.  I’m really excited to watch this because I LOVE made-for-TV holiday movies and because it co-stars Shelley Long.  This has been my year for watching Shelley Long movies.

Now on to the TV shows:
Ally McBeal
“Troubled Water” = Season 3, Episode 5
An amazing show overall, and Lucy Lui is at her best here, playing bitchy Ling Woo in this episode.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
“Pangs” = Season 4, Episode 8
Watch it!!  ‘Nuff said.
Cheers
“Thanksgiving Orphans” = Season 3, Episode 4
One of the very best Thanksgiving episodes.  And once again: Shelley Long!  Read my review!
Everybody Loves Raymond
This show wins the prize for not only the most but consistently the best Thanksgiving episodes. I heartily endorse all of them, and you can click the links below to read some in-depth reviews.


“No Fat” = Season 3, Episode 10

“No Thanks” = Season 4, Episode 9

“Fighting In-Laws” = Season 5, Episode 9

“Older Women” = Season 6, Episode 9

“Marie’s Vision” = Season 7, Episode 10

Frasier
Episodes (or either Frasier or Cheers) that feature Bebe Neuwirth in the role of Lilith are always extra fun, as these two Thanksgiving-themed episodes prove.

“A Lilith Thanksgiving” = Season 4, Episode 7

“The Apparent Trap” = Season 7, Episode 9

Gilmore Girls
“A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving” = Season 3, Episode 9
Just in time for Thanksgiving, the Gilmore Girls have arrived to Netflix!  Read my review here!
The Munsters
“Low-Cal Munster” = Season 1, Episode 6
In the Munsters vs. Addams Family war I stand on the side of the Munsters, and this Thanksgiving episode is quite fun.
The Wonder Years
“The Ties That Bind” = Season 4, Episode 7
Another of the very best Thanksgiving episodes—and this one will tug at the the ole heartstrings.

You’ve got the list so get to watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPECIAL SPOTLIGHT: NICKELODEON'S ULTIMATE HALLOWEEN HAUNTED HOUSE

I was recently traveling for work, which meant I was cut off from our TIVO and forced to watch TV in real time in my hotel room, sufferin...